Sunday, February 8, 2009

Son-shine, you are my sunshine

Yesterday and today were simply gorgeous outside. I think it was in the 50's or warmer, and we all enjoyed some fresh air. Yesterday Daddy took Joshua out while Caleb napped and I worked on grading. Today we all went outside, and we opened our garage door for the Bean to play. He was in heaven! He pulled out his tricycle (and I couldn't believe how well he was doing), he pulled out his shopping cart and his car, he "raked and shoveled" a little bit of a snowpatch we still had in our yard, and he played and played. For awhile Caleb sat on the "doublewide" outdoor chair with me, but then we decided to sit him up in the stroller. Ah, what sunshine and fresh air does for the soul! I read the newspaper and soaked up the sun. We also talked for a long time to our nextdoor neighbor Paul, who is one of the nicest guys. We heard some funny stories and enjoyed just being outside. It encouraged us that spring may be around the corner...or at least we hope so! I love the winter when it comes to the holidays, but I'm anxious for the days to be longer and it to be warm enough to walk around the neighborhood and hang out outside. Soon...soon!
Here's the Bean playing "peekaboo" in his tent that he got for Christmas from Aunt Missy. He loves it and constantly asks for us to go inside. We've all made it in, but it's not pretty to get in and out of it if you're not his size! He loves it. Thanks, Aunt Missy & Uncle Kevin!

No comments: