Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

To quote a friend, "this week has been the race of the runny noses" in our house. Joshua, Caleb and I have all come down with a cold. Caleb seems to be struggling the most (please keep us all in your prayers!).
Yesterday morning, I was surprised to find a gorgeous arrangement of red roses and tiger lillies, along with a chocolate sweetheart in my kitchen. That husband of mine is so romantic! We had promised not to get each other gifts, and he didn't keep his end of the bargain. Last night I had made dinner reservations for Fiorentino's by the aiport to celebrate Valentine's Day. I had tried the Iron Hill Brewery, but they were booked for both Friday & Saturday. Even Fiorentino's was packed! Even with reservations, we waited awhile to sit and be served. The boys had fun with Grandma while we feasted on Italian deliciousness (thanks, Mom!). I also got to wear my new zebra print high heels. While they weren't the $150 variety, Shawn bought me a nice set of knock-offs for under $30 from a retailer on Ebay. They are GORGEOUS! (And, I might add, a little hard to walk in as I think they are 5" heels.) I LOVE heels! And I love my hubby!
Every year we try to watch a horror movie for Valentine's Day since our first Valentine's Day together we went to see one of the Scream movies with a group of friends. Since then we've watched two "Saw" movies, "What Lies Beneath," "The Ring," "Scary Movie" (which is more of a commedy), "Final Destination," "The Others," "The Grudge" and more. Shawn rented one from Redbox last night - which ironically enough was Friday the 13th - but until we got the boys settled in bed, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Luckily for me, we can still watch it tonight since today is technically Valentine's Day.
I feel so blessed to have two amazing little boys to celebrate with, too. Last year on Valentine's Day, we found out we were having a BOY! My ultrasound was with Dr. Bayliss, and I'll never forget his technician asking us if we wanted to know what we were having...which I already knew from looking at the screen since his legs were spread wide and there it was! My little Caleb Luke has been such a blessing. His smile could light up an entire room. He babbles and giggles and gets into EVERYTHING!
Joshua is also amazing as he tells us he loves us and dances and laughs and says some of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life. He kept reading his card from Great Grandma Kennel to us "hugs and kisses to Joshua!" He absolutely loves when we hug him in a Joshua sandwich, with Daddy holding him chest-to-chest and me hugging him from behind. He asks for "bear hugs" all the time. I love my snuggle buggle! He also loves the "Momma book" which is the "I'll Love You Forever" book and sings along with the song, even when I do a low voice to mimmick the grown man singing. I think part of the reason he joins in then is because when he does I laugh instead of cry (the grown man in the story started out as the newborn baby, and it just gets me every time to think how quickly these little guys grow up!). I love how he can sing and talk and learn and express himself. He's a true character!
God has blessed my life with more love than I can imagine with an amazing husband, kids, immediate family, extended family, friends, and most of all Jesus, whose love is unconditional. I am blown away this Valentine's Day remembering the love and sacrifice He made to give us abundant life both in heaven and on earth. May each one of you have a happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: