Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy 7-month birthday, Caleb Luke!

Caleb is growing in leaps and bounds. He's easily distracted and loves to look at and play with toys. He also loves watching his big brother, and the two gab back and forth and giggle a lot. Caleb is also fond of Daddy and loves to send smiles his way.
Caleb sits well on his own now, but we have to be careful where we plop him down because he can crawl and get into just about anything. He's SO curious!I called the pediatrician and we can start giving him some "real" food on a limited basis so long as it's cut up really tiny (no bigger than a pea size) and really soft. This weekend, though, Caleb has ate baby food like a champ and hasn't really nursed well. I guess I worry too much. These pictures show just how chubby he is! I love it!Both Caleb's top two front teeth are working their way down. I can see the white but they haven't completely cut through the gums yet. Any day now! He's biting everything, so soon we should be good to go. We've found in this dry winter that his skin is sensitive just like his brother's, so we've gotten rid of anything scented as far as his body wash, baby cream or laundry detergent. I love those baby smells, but not at the risk of them getting outbreaks of dry skin patches!
Caleb also moved out of the Ladybug nursery this past weekend. I'm so sad about that, and yet I understand that he's got to move on with other kids more his age rather than newborns. He's now in a class with 8-10 month olds. He did well during the service, though - or at least I wasn't paged out. Great job! Happy 7-month birthday, kiddo! We love you!

No comments: