Monday, February 2, 2009

Drummin' Up Trouble

This morning, Joshua got into the plastic containers drawer (I specifically put things in the lower cabinets that he can play with while I'm cooking - this morning I was making eggs for breakfast). He pulled out a tin can, so I gave him a wooden spoon and showed him how to drum. After breakfast was finished, I decided to add more drums to our band.
I dug out big and little pans, plastic & tin pans, and things that would make different types of noises when being hit. Then I dug out another wooden spoon, a tin pie server, a plastic spatula and a silicon skinny scraper to make different noises when using them.Caleb decided it was most fun to eat the scraper, but Joshua truly enjoyed hitting all the different "drums" and lining them up and going back and forth between the different gadgets. We had fun drumming!

No comments: