Wednesday, August 14, 2013

First Experience with First Grade

On Wednesday, August 14, after getting our workout done, we got cleaned up and headed over to the elementary school to meet Joshua's new teacher. She had mailed a letter home that we had received two days earlier with info about the open house. I was so glad we received it (because I later found out that some parents missed it). We waited for Shawn to get off work and Joshua and I walked over together, just the two of us. We first met the new principal, who walked us to our classroom and then we met Mrs. Shoemaker. Another family (one of Joshua's friends) was just leaving, so we were all by ourselves, which was great! He found his seat, where to hang his back pack, how to choose his lunch option, etc. and we explored the entire room together. I felt much better about first grade having seen his classroom and after meeting his teacher. She said to Joshua, "I keep hearing everyone say 'Oh, good, Joshua's in my class!' so you must be a popular kid." He grinned. (Me too!

No comments: