Monday, February 11, 2013

The Indoor Snowball Fight

On Sunday, January 27, I was feeling a little bit of cabin fever. I'll be honest that I'm getting tired of the cold weather and we had had a fairly lazy day. So, before going to my BodyFlow class, I suggested we do an indoor snowball fight using socks (again, an idea I picked up from Caleb's preschool). Shawn quickly agreed, and I gathered up the socks. I suggested that Caleb and I be on a team and use his rocket ship as a "fort."
That left Joshua and Ryan on Daddy's team, and they used our loveseat as their fort. I had gotten about a dozen pairs of white socks from my drawer and a dozen socks from Caleb's drawer. We found we had far more than we needed! But, it was SO fun! The boys LOVED it!
Socks were flying everywhere (and it was hard to capture on camera!!!). We laughed and giggled - we threw some in "slow motion" and threw others a little harder. Some were aimed well, others missed by a long shot. None of it hurt, and we were in the cozy warmth of our home (a much better way to snowball fight!).

We had socks everywhere - some even went downstairs as we threw them!
Even little Ryan got into the snowball battle! He was laughing and so were his brothers. This was a HUGE hit in our household!
Here's Daddy in motion...what a fun game! I highly recommend it to anyone with kids (or even without!). Roll up some socks into balls and let 'em fly! Happy snowball fighting!

No comments: