Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Faithful Friends

My friend Suzanne had asked if we were going to be around the morning of Monday, July 11, because she was in town and wanted to hang out. I told her that I had Caleb's well check-up that morning at 9 am but we could get together afterward. She graciously offered to watch Joshua while I took Caleb in. She even said that her mom could hold Ryan if I wanted to leave him behind, but I said because of him nursing and being a little fussy, I'd rather take him along. But, I took her up on her offer to come over before our appointment and stay with Joshua - letting him and her son Ian play together. The Bean loves little guys (he's about 17 months, I think) and he enjoys Miss Suzy, too. The picture of her and Ian below was borrowed from facebook since I didn't think to take out my camera that morning - doh!
In thinking about my friend, I remember distinctly having her over for a sleepover in the 2nd grade because we had the same teacher. That's the first year I remember her from. And we've been close ever since. I saw my first Michael W. Smith concert with her, we had lots of "Val/Suz" nights in high school, we went to the beach and Creation together, and we even roomed together in college. We took part in one another's weddings, and even though she's moved states, we still touch base via email and phone with each other. Now our boys were playing together. I am so blessed to have such a faithful friend! I pray each of my son's finds a close friend like Suz has been to me.
I already posted about Caleb's doctor's appointment, but it didn't take very long and then we were home to visit with our friends. :)
Last night Caleb told me I was his best friend, but typically he'll say Joshua and Joshua will say Caleb. I hope Ryan will join right into that mix of closeness as well!

No comments: