Monday, February 12, 2007

Joshua's Favorite Song

I'm always listening to music during the day, mostly my favorite worship songs from my computer. I went to www.rosskingmusic.com to hear the song "Whatever You Ask" (at the bottom of the homepage, click over about six songs until it shows that this song is playing, if you want to hear it) and Joshua perked right up to listen. He goes completely silent and has fallen asleep by the end of the song. He seems to love it! Shawn witnessed the phenomenon yesterday when Joshua was particularly cranky. I put this song on and sang to the Bean, and he calmed right down and took a nap. He also fell asleep to it last night before his bedtime. Music always seems to soothe him, but this song in particular seems to be his favorite.

Last night I was going to take a shower, so we decided instead of getting the bath tub full of water, I might as well bathe him quickly while I was in there and hand him out to daddy. So, while I got his washclothe, hooded towel, soap, and water temperature just right, Shawn worked on getting him undressed. He handed Joshua to me completely naked...except for bright white socks on his feet. The three of us giggled at daddy forgetting the socks...picture a little butterball Bean in nothing but socks coming into the shower. I laughed and laughed.

This weekend we said farewell for the last time to the Focus. We cleaned everything of mine out of it and signed over the title to the junkyard. It was a little sad for me, but such is life. Shawn said the church prayed for me on Sunday, which was so sweet. I'm still incredibly sore, which is somewhat surprising to me, but not really when you see the shape the car was in. I'm sincerely lucky to be alive. My dad said he prays for us girls everyday, and I think sometimes we don't realize how the smallest prayer can have the biggest impact on our lives and safety.

Sometimes I wish my dad lived closer. Shawn's parents are talking about moving to Florida, which we're hoping does not happen. We want Joshua to have a great relationship with all his grandparents!

No comments: