Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! First, I must say that I am so thankful for my sweet husband, Shawn. I love you with all my heart! I praise God for bringing you into my life! I am so blessed! And Joshua loves you, too!Second, we'd like to wish mom & Jamie a happy anniversary! We love you very much!
Next, we want to tell the rest of our family how much we love them. Each one of you is special to us!
We can't forget to tell our friends - we love you and are thankful you are part of our lives!!!
Joshua, I love you so much. You are truly a wonderful little boy! Daddy thinks you're special, too!
We praise you, Jesus, and love you with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. Thank you for showing us how much you love us by saving us on the cross!
Shawn had went into work this morning even in the horrendously icy conditions from what the newscasters called the "Sweetheart Storm," but he was able to come home early. Here is a picture of him shoveling, even with his extremely sore ankle.
We watched the movie "Lady in the Water." (The first movie we saw together was Scream 3 on Valentines Day, so it's sort of a tradition to see a horror movie on this romantic holiday). In the middle of the movie, we were surprised by a knock on the door... Royer's was delivering this beautiful bouquet of flowers for me from my church. I was shocked! I don't know if it was because of the accident or if it was just for Valentine's Day...but I truly felt loved.
The delivery man also noted that there was another delivery of flowers that we somehow missed. He handed me a second package...this time from my romantic husband. We had promised not to get each other anything, but he is too thoughtful to let the holiday go unnoticed.
This morning while he was at work, I got Joshua dressed and then got ready myself, including doing my hair and makeup and putting in earrings. Since I don't often leave the house, I don't always think about sprucing up, but I thought I would for this special occasion. Since I don't have a car to go out and surprise Shawn with anything, I sent him an e-card and made a card puzzle.
I also wrote him a note and baked him muffins. While chocolate chip cookies are his favorite, muffins are what we had available. I think he enjoyed it. I also made a candlelight dinner (baked chicken, au gratin potatoes, peas, fruit cocktail, bread, and wine glasses filled with orange juice)...here is a picture with the table set as it's just about done in the oven. I'm hoping to treat him to a night out this weekend when the weather is nicer and we have a Bean sitter.
From our family to yours, have a blessed Valentine's Day, full of love and romance! If you would like to leave a note for Joshua about love, how much you care about him, or how you've prayed for him on the blog, I will print it out and put it in his baby book. We love you all!

No comments: