Sunday, November 3, 2013

Family Pictures

On Friday, November 1, we had family portraits taken outside Calvary Church. Mom graciously paid for the photographer and bought each child two new matching outfits for the occasion. I thought both sets (from Gymboree - love that children's store!) were absolutely adorable. Below as probably my favorite from the entire session. I wish my sister Becky and her husband Tim would have come to make it a complete picture.
I also thought the one below was adorable of Mamaw and all the grandchildren and it shows the other set of outfits of the kids. I didn't get any of my boys in those sweaters while we were there (but I did take them into JCPenney's to get them another time - unfortunately the photographer there was awful that day so I still don't have a great picture of them in them. Maybe I'll still get one yet?!?!). The hour at Calvary didn't quite feel like enough time for the size group we had, and not everyone was cooperating, including my young little Schnook who was interested in the beginning and not at all toward the end of our time.
The first time we tried to get pictures, it ended up raining on us while we were there, so this was a reschedule. We knew we were working against the clock of when the men could get home from work and when the sun would set.
I did like this picture of Shawn and me below. It's a shame the parking lot lines are in the background, but such is life. Shawn doesn't think it's a great picture of him, but I love his five o'clock shadow and sweater.
There are too many pictures to post on here (including a ton of Jen's family that I didn't download off the CD) but I'll put on a brief sampling of the ones we got. I'll probably also use them when I have things to post about but didn't think to grab a picture, so be prepared to see more in future posts!
I thought the fall colors were pretty and the sun was at a good angle. I wish Ryan would have been happier. But, two-year-old's aren't content to wait for an hour for much of anything and then smile on demand. The other boys did a great job. They listened to what they were told and smiled when asked. I was glad they did. Joshua was sad when it was time to go, though, because he wanted time to play with his cousins.
I loved the idea of this old barn behind us, but I wasn't sure I loved the alignment of the family. Again, if Ryan was willing to be put down, we may have gotten a better picture but he was DONE at that point.
I cropped this one of the boys from a picture with more folks in it. It's the only one of the boys I got that day.
And here was another one of Shawn and me she took, which had a pretty background but I'm not sure is really a very flattering angle of us. Oh well! I enjoy pictures for the memories. Our kids will never be these ages again, so it's nice to get a picture in time. Who knows what the future may hold for any of us?
And here was one of Mom, Jen and me. Again, I wish my sister Becky would have come. I also may have worn grey had I thought about a picture of just us without the kids. We bought my shirt to go with the boys' sweaters and then never got a group picture with those outfits. :)
 Thanks, Mom, for the pictures! And the boys have worn both their sweaters often since then. :) :) :)


No comments: