Monday, November 4, 2013

Are You Ready for Some FOOTBALL!?!?!

So, I can't remember exactly what date I took these pictures. My old camera would allow me to download the pictures onto my computer and put them in a folder for the date they were taken. This one doesn't and so it will just put them all into one folder on the date I finally get around to downloading them all. That said, I'm SURE this was back in October because I see the "Jack-o-lantern" in my bay window and the bale of hay with the pretty purple mum Shawn bought me (thanks, honey!) and pumpkin from our picking adventures behind the boys in the photo. And both were put away when Halloween was done. But I'm guessing they were taken toward the end of October.
When we were at Gymboree buying the outfits for the family portraits, I saw these adorable corduroy pants with footballs on them and the matching lion sweater with the football on it and I simply couldn't resist buying it for Ryan. I had some gymbucks from back-to-school shopping that I used toward one or the other, I think, and Mom may have bought one or the other if my memory serves me correctly (thanks so much! They are ADORABLE!). Ryan used to go around all the time and say "I'm a lion...ROAAARRRR!!!" And the "ROAR!" was seriously the cutest thing we'd ever heard. We'd laugh and laugh (so he'd do it over and over again, which would keep us chuckling). So, the lion sweater was perfect for him, and I LOVE the color orange. I didn't use to, but it's becoming a new favorite. Anyway, the outfit was too cute even though I knew he'd be the only buddy to get to wear it. Most of what he wears are hand-me-downs so an occasional brand new outfit isn't too excessive, right? (Shawn may disagree).
I also knew I already had a matching football sweater in Caleb's size that had been Joshua's from the previous year. So, I had to buy a matching shirt for Joshua, too, which was more of a rugby polo shirt that had blue and orange stripes and just a little football where a pocket or lapel would be. He had gotten the blue vest for back-to-school, I think, which he's wearing as part of the outfit in the pictures above so you can't tell that his shirt coordinates (not matches exactly, but coordinates) with the other boys' outfits. I thought they all looked absolutely ADORABLE! These are by far my favorite pants of Ryan's and I wear them on him often. :) :) :) Does he not look so cute in the picture above?
Ryan is starting to really enjoy the trains and the train table. Caleb will sometimes play with him. I've been debating about making it into a lego table since the older boys are so into legos, but it seems unfair to take the trains away yet when Ryan is enjoying them so much.
Joshua actually enjoys watching football with Daddy. He came down to breakfast the other morning and asked me who won the game. What game? The football game! He told me (irritated that I didn't know what he was talking about) who was playing and asked the winner since he was forced to go to bed before it was over. I had no idea - I didn't even know the teams. I called Shawn who gave Joshua the update. Joshua was dumbfounded that it wasn't even on my radar to even think to check the scores. UGH! I guess I have to get better at "boy" things. I've gotten into dinosaurs and trains and even legos but may not be ready for this next stage. :) :) :)

No comments: