Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Fall"ing in Love With Books!

Every season I try to go to the library and pick out books for the boys that deal with the holiday or month at hand. Joshua even brings home some from school that are about fall or Halloween or back-to-school, which I think is fun. We loved Froggy's Halloween book and many others. "Kiss GoodNight" has been a family favorite since Joshua was born, and it takes place in the fall as the leaves are coming down. I don't always remember to post about which ones we've read or thought are particularly good, but there have been several on pumpkins and apples and fall in general.
One book that my Schnook particularly loved was called "Bear Feels Scared" by Karma Wilson. In it, there's a storm coming as Bear is looking for food and the leaves are all around as Bear's friends come help him find his way home. Ryan will point to Bear and say "He's so scared!!!" I love hearing his little voice. I looked up other books by this author, and I didn't even realize she's written a TON of others that we love and some of which we even own. For example, we have "Animal Strike at the Zoo, It's True!" that the boys love (and we read before we hit the zoo!). She also wrote "Sleepyhead, Sleepyhead" which we enjoy and "Baby, I Love You" which I bought for Ryan last Valentine's Day and we read many nights before sleep. She also wrote "Mortimor's Christmas Manger" that Santa brought for Ryan this year for Christmas (since we love the book). WOW! I recognized many titles that she's written. I'm hoping to eventually grab some more of the "BEAR" books for Ryan to read because he enjoys them so much. Her books often rhyme and are very well written. We love them!
So, if you're looking for a fun children's book for the fall, may I recommend "Bear Feels Scared!" I also put the picture of Ryan on here in that coat because it reminds me of Joshua. I can't believe Ryan's old enough to wear the Bean's coat (and I think it started out as Jordon's coat! I remember all four boys in it! WOW - time flies!).

No comments: