Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day, I went shopping with Mom (twice!) and bought her some things she picked out. It was fun! We took only Ryan along with us, and we ran into our former pastor's wife, who said "I love that training I hear!" when Ryan loudly said "I love you bestest!" after I told him I loved him. He is such a cutie pie (most times).
I so rarely get a picture with my mom that I decided to try and take one when I stopped at her house to wish her a Happy Mother's Day that Sunday afternoon. :) It was with my phone, though, as I had misplaced our camera. :(
Shawn's parents were also in town for Mother's Day. He was actually born on Mother's Day 35 years ago. We wanted to get a picture with him and his mom that day, but we missed the opportunity.
 Here's Ryan with Joshua's baseball glove the one night while they were visiting.
 And here's one with Mamaw from Florida and the boys (with Joshua showing off his penny collection).
I said I didn't need any gifts on Mother's Day because the fact that God allowed me to have three amazing little boys was more than enough for me! Truly, the fact that they are all healthy and well is more of a gift than I could ever ask for!
On Mother's Day morning I was woken up at 6 am by Joshua, who was SO excited to give me the presents he made for me that he couldn't stand it anymore. As he gave me the flower he planted at school, a good bit of dirt spilled all over my bedroom carpet. His excitement and enthusiasm made me smile, though, even as I yawned and scooped him into my arms. Not too much later, Caleb spilled his bowl of fruit loops and milk at the breakfast table completely by accident after telling me how much he loves me. 

I can't help but think that I am one lucky mom to have three beautiful healthy little boys. The fact that God entrusted them to me is the biggest gift I could receive. I love the promise in Isaiah 40:11 that says "He gently leads those who have young." 

We are also thankful for our mamas and the blessings they are in our lives. It's a great time to remember how God has blessed us!

No comments: