Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy 23-month birthday, Ryan!

Ryan turned 23-months old on Tuesday, May 7. I can't believe this is the last month I'll ever have a 1-year-old in my house!
 Ryan is extremely articulate and repeats everyone like a well-trained parrot. He even said "I'm a sucker" after Mamaw from Florida called him a "thumb sucker" - he completely missed the thumb part until Papaw called him "Tommy the Tum-tucker" which Ryan still calls himself on occasion. :) :) :) He still does love that thumb of his!
Ryan loves books and being read to. He also has a new-found love for Elmo. He enjoys the Elmo videos we have on Elmo and babies and Elmo and dogs and finally Elmo and the farm animals. He also has started liking Mickey Mouse. It's rare that he'll sit still for long, but he'll watch at least a few minutes of these before getting back up to play.
 His current favorite song is "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Rae Chelle (sp? I could have the band completely off...) He'll sing "La la la" all the time! He loves to sing! He also knows all the words to the God song and Happy Birthday. :) :) :)
 Ryan has just started really posing for pictures and saying "CHEESE!"
He's a less picky eater than either of my other kids, enjoying scrambled eggs, meat, fruit, carrots, and just about anything we give him (almost).
 Ryan also started jumping with ease, getting both feet off the ground at the same time. A woman at the gym recently said to me "my gosh, just look at his calf muscles!" Sure enough, as I look at him, I realize he is very much built like Shawn - extremely muscular. He is a strong little man! But, he has more of my personality, I fear, and will make his feelings known. While he used to seem more easygoing, we are definitely heading into the terrible two's as he is testing our boundaries and throwing more fits. I know that this too shall pass and is a phase of learning who he is and if we mean what we say.
Ryan LOVES his older brothers (here's a picture of Joshua reading to him and in the picture above, he had just taken this hat from Caleb). His favorite person is Dada, followed by Mamaw from her house. Since our anniversary trip (and probably even before), he is THRILLED when he gets to see her. She let him and Caleb help plant flowers at our house and he had a great time. They also look SO pretty!

Ryan is growing both in physical form and mentally each and every day. I love to watch him grow and still cuddle with him as a baby! He tells us he's not a baby when we call him that. He'll always be my baby, but he is certainly growing into a toddler! He's outgrowing his 2T shirts (although the shorts still fit him well in the waist) and needing more of a 3T for his height. I also need to get his feet re-measured as I believe they have grown recently too. But, his Crocs fit well.

There is more I could write, but I'll save it for another time. Happy 23-months, Ryan!

No comments: