Monday, May 6, 2013

Doing Our Spring Thing!

 Tuesday, April 9, was a gorgeous day - nearing 80 degrees. The previous Saturday, I happened to run into one of Joshua's friends' mom at the gym, and she informed me that some of the kindergarten families from the other AM kindergarten class were meeting at Overlook Park. She asked me to spread the word, so I sent an email to the moms of our class letting them know that we were going right after school. I packed a lunch for the boys and after the gym and picking Caleb and Joshua up, we went over to eat and play.
I saw some of the moms there of Joshua's friends, but for the most part, I stayed with Ryan because he is at an age of loving to explore but not having the wisdom of where he can go and where he can't yet.
 I asked the older two boys to stick together. Joshua is wearing a red shirt below, and Caleb is in stripes. I'm SO glad Caleb was in stripes because it was red shirt day at school so most of the rest of the kids at the park were also wearing red. I could see Joshua when I found Caleb and looked near him. Whew!

 The boys love to climb this web thing.
 Ryan did pretty well for it being nap time. He ran and played and climbed and slid down and kept me busy running after him!
 I snapped a bunch of pictures and most aren't fantastic, but the idea is to hopefully get one or two that are usable.

We were one of the first families to leave when we went home at 2ish, but Ryan was exhausted by then. It was such a nice day and gave us the first glimpse of what was to come!





 That night, we had pizza for dinner and at it at Stoner Park. It was just too beautiful to be indoors!
The following day, my friend Tara invited me, our friend Rebecca and our friend Tracy over for brunch. So, after I took Joshua to school and dropped Caleb off at preschool, I headed home to pick up my baked french toast casserole out of the oven and went to her house.
Once again, Ryan cried when their dog came up to him. Poor thing! He didn't seem quite as scared around the pigs this time, though, and he said the next day "Let's go see the pigs again." Unfortunately for him, the pigs were going to the slaughter the following day.
 Rebecca brought blueberries, strawberries and bananas; Tracy brought snacks for the kids including grapes, pretzels and cheese; and Tara made a delicious egg and sausage casserole that was extraordinary. It was once again a gorgeous day in the upper 70s so we sat outside all morning.
When the kids were done with school, I went to get them and we went back to Tara's house for a short while (I fed them lunch in the car). Then we went home and I took the kids to Mamaw's house while I went to an appointment (a whole 'nother story!). When we got back from the gym that night, I realized how red they were. I never even thought of sun screen!
So, they were literally "red neck" kids, especially Caleb. He said it didn't hurt at all, though. Praise God! We love the sunshine!

No comments: