Monday, February 1, 2010

A Weekend to Remember

I think the name of this post is an upcoming marriage conference. Anyway, I didn't figure I should post about this past weekend until I posted about last weekend. I already posted about our mall experience last Friday night. Then, on Saturday morning we decided to go to Gabriel Brother's since I had been itching to go there for awhile now. They have really cheap clothes, some of them name brands, but you have to be really careful and try everything on because many times there are rips, missing buttons, stains, etc. But, you can find really great deals on really nice things if you're careful and depending on when you go. We always find it hit or miss. So, we drove up to York since I need some blazers/dressier clothes for work. Unfortunately, I didn't find any dress clothes; however, I found two bikinis for our upcoming vacation that were really cheap and fit well. While I wouldn't wear a bikini in 'public' per se, I'm hoping we go somewhere semi-secluded and get to enjoy the beach just the two of us.

After we were done shopping, the kiddos were hungry and it was lunch time. So, we headed to the pizza buffet named 'Daddy's.' I think it used to be Stevie B's. The first time we ever went there was with the youth group a looong time ago. The kids ate well, and they gave us four free tokens for the arcade room. Joshua LOVED it! The first game we played was toss the balls into the trash can. Then we played one that you pushed the lit buttons to make the frog go up and the first one to go won. Then the next machine ate our tokens. So, Daddy bought a few more, and the last game we played was ski ball. The kids won enough tickets to get a small dinosaur each. :) We had fun.

When we got home, the kids took a short nap that we ended up having to wake them up from to go to church. While they were sleeping, I tried to go for a jog again, only to experience the same side pain I've been having. Ugh! I walked home and got ready for church with the kiddos. We heard a good sermon from the book of Proverbs on speaking the truth. Tips included not talking as much (which leads to less lying) and being more careful about what we say.

When we got home from church, even though it was earlyish in the evening, the kids were pretty beat. So, we changed them into jammies and watched the movie Ratatouille, which was adorable. Caleb pretty much just played the entire time, but Joshua loved the movie, and we thought it was cute too.
The next day was Sunday. We agreed to help lead Life Group since the typical leader couldn't be there. Angel & Becca hosted and had tacos and all the fixings. It was scrumptious. The discussion was on discipline via spanking from Dr. Dobson's study on raising kids. All the pictures from this post were taken by Becca at their house. The top picture is of their daughter Alayna and Caleb & Joshua in the toy box. The picture above is of Angel & Kyla, and below is Shawn, Angel & Abby (Don & Melanie's oldest daughter).
 
The rest of the looong week, I already posted about. I'm glad none of those days were groundhog day (from the movie where his day repeated over and over again). This weekend started out a bit better. Since I had been at the doctor's office on Friday getting Caleb's antibiotics for his ear infection, I didn't have dinner ready that night. What I had gotten out of the freezer hadn't defrosted yet (doh!) so when Shawn called on his way home, he offered to grab a couple slices of pizza for us. It was perfect. :) Here's a picture of Chris & Isabella.
  
Saturday morning Grandpa Georgia treated us out to breakfast. Originally I was going to go with the boys to allow Shawn some time to work, but I woke up with no voice. And helping direct kiddos requires one, we found. So, he came along to Bridgeport. From there we went and saw Dad's new furniture before heading home. The boys napped shortly after we got home, and Nonie & Poppy came that evening. They brought an amazing spread of Chinese food with them, and it was awesome! We feasted and caught up. Then they played with the boys before heading back to Reading.
  
Saturday night, Caleb threw up at dinner. Then as I was changing him, I noticed a rash on his belly. Not sure if it was hives or a viral rash. I called the pediatrician who told me to stop the antibiotic for now and give him Benadryl and call back in the morning when someone was in the office unless Caleb experienced shortness of breath, extreme vomiting or coughing or inability to swallow. Then we were to rush him to the ER. Thankfully none of that happened. I called the next morning, and they told me to give him the antibiotic again and monitor him. If it got worse, go to the ER. Otherwise, he could be seen Monday. It doesn't look any worse, and I already have an appointment for him Tuesday morning, so I'm going to wait and see what the doctor thinks tomorrow. This poor kid has been through enough already!!! He still looks pretty pale and is still not himself. Poor little guy. The picture above is of Don & Abby, and below are his wife Melanie & Emma, their youngest daughter.
  
Last night we had our friends Becca & Angel and their daughters Alayna & Kyla over for dinner before we all headed to a church service at Liberty Street. LCBC is opening a new campus in Lancaster City that is really close to our house. They're goal is to introduce more people to Jesus Christ. We're really excited! And we're looking forward to a smaller, more intimate campus (at least at first!). Grandma watched Caleb so we could go check it out, and we took Joshua who enjoyed the 'new church.' We got home in time to give the kids a snack, change them into jammies, allow them to unwind a little and get them to bed just before 9 pm. And thus ended not only our weekend but also January!
 

No comments: