Monday, February 8, 2010

Caleb Luke at 19 Months

Caleb has recently begun speaking in 3-word sentences. His first time was this past Friday, when he said (and I quote): "Daddy hone? No!" He also says "la you, too." Another sentence I can remember is "more ice-keen pwease." While we know a lot of his words, I'm not sure they would be clear to just everyone yet. For example, yesterday as I was making their peanut-butter and jelly dinosaurs (thanks to a new sandwich 'cookie' cutter that de-crusts the bread and makes two dinosaurs from one sandwich from Grandma), Caleb cried "tuck, tuck!" I thought he was talking about the fact that Joshua had two trucks in his hand and Caleb didn't have any. So, I asked Joshua to share, and the Bean did. Only Caleb said "No! Tuck!" I then realized that his foot was stuck between the back and the seat of the chair. Whoops! He didn't seem in pain, but he was trying to tell me he was "STUCK" not "truck." I think the mispronunciations are cute at this age, but they sometimes make it difficult to guess the real meaning of the word.
Caleb also loves to talk on the phone. He says "hi-eee" and a little more, but he speaks so quietly that the person on the other end can't really hear him. He has a soft and gentle voice vs. Joshua's boisterous and emotion-filled voice.

Caleb's latest interest is puzzles. Before he would dump them out and could do some of the smaller puzzles, but now he's accomplishing some of the ages 2-4 puzzles with more complicated pieces all by himself. He loves to see how things work and fit in.
As I said before from Caleb's well-check, he is developing normally. I'd say he's above average (but then again, every mom feels that way about her kiddos). He loves books, and right now one of his favorites is "I Am a Puppy" and he says a big "YUCK!" to the skunk toward the back of the book, as well as points out the other animals. On one of the pages, the 'puppy' runs into some bigger dogs, and Caleb always says "Daddy" when he points to the biggest. Haaa!!!

Caleb is a mess, and I think he enjoys it that way. He's doing pretty well with silverware, but he doesn't mind if something occasionally falls on him (or all the time). While Joshua would beg to be clean, Caleb likes to dump and test and feel sticky things. It's amazing how different they are.

Yesterday, poor lil' Caleb took a spill and banged his 'noogen-noggen' on our friend's entertainment center during the Superbowl. He's got quite the goose-egg but seems to be okay otherwise.

Happy 19-month birthday, Caleb Luke!

No comments: