Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pancakes & Pajamas

Last week, pancakes was a definite highlight for us! On Tuesday, we met our friends Julie, Jude & Kate at Oregon Dairy and ate scrumptious pancakes with their special warm butter syrup. Just thinking of it makes my mouth water. :) :) :) We got their little side room, and the boys (and girl!) watched the train go by. Afterward, we all came back to our house to play. Joshua was a bit grumpy, though, and by the end of our time together, he shouted at me "I'M TIRED!" and promptly put himself in bed, even tucking himself inside of his covers. He was exhausted and took a looong nap that afternoon.
The following day was pajama day for the Bean at preschool. I asked him which pair he wanted to wear, and he chose his "George" jammies (which are red PJ's with monkeys on them). The first picture of this post was of his entire class, and here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Ford. The teacher's aide, Mrs. Hilton, is below with a little girl named Kate.
Together, the class made pancakes! While I wasn't there, Kate's mommy took lots of pictures and shared them. Typically Joshua isn't in any, but this time there were lots with him in! He must have been a big helper that day. :)
Meanwhile, Grandma had invited me to go shopping. I wanted a new dress to wear on our anniversary since I don't have much that fits me currently (and Shawn called my dress from Valentine's Day "dated"). I tried on a few and finally settled on one from Kohl's, which was half price. We had a fun morning shopping, and Caleb was an angel!
While we were shopping, Daddy & I were also contemplating our trip and watching the weather report, which at the time was saying that we were in for a tremendous storm that night (Wednesday) through Friday. Our plane was supposed to take off Friday afternoon to land in Florida that evening. But, with the weather, Shawn called and moved our tickets to Thursday morning. We decided not to take any chances and also booked a room at the Hilton for Wednesday night.
That meant I needed to do some quick packing! I hadn't even started! But I scrambled to pack for four people in just a couple hours.
The night before I had a dream where my Dad had fallen, and I was the cause. I had woken up sobbing, and I never got back to sleep. Then my devotions were from Job, talking about how God speaks through dreams to keep folks from pride. I was so disturbed, I called my Dad to make sure he was okay, and I told Shawn & my mom about the dream, crying both times. I keep praying for God to show me exactly what He meant. In the meantime, pride is always something I can work on! Since I talked to Dad while the boys napped, I missed my workout on Wednesday. Such is life!
That afternoon, Damian Rhodes from WLAN FM 97 was a special speaker in my advertising class again. He always does an amazing job, and the students really enjoy hearing from him. I also appreciate the 'real world' perspective a special speaker brings to the classroom. :)
I left MU and rushed home to finish packing. We were on the road right around 8 pm (in record time for us!) and got to our hotel that night around 10 pm, absolutely exhausted from a crazy rushed day!
But, we were super excited for our trip, which I will post about soon. (I'm hoping Papaw will email me some of his pictures that he took since I didn't take too many...)
Joshua stayed in his PJ's the rest of the day, and he loved helping make pancakes. :) Here he is with his friend Ethan eating their hard work!
And here is his entire preschool class enjoying their snack on PJ Day!

No comments: