Thursday, November 30, 2006

Yes, Jesus Loves Me!

Pastor Mark and Pastor Matt from our church - the Lord's House of Prayer - came over today to pray for Joshua. We were very touched that they offered to come and lay hands on our son. What a blessing to be part of a church family! Words cannot express how thankful we are for our pastors.

Earlier today, Joshua went to the doctor's for his RSV vaccine. He now weighs 9 lbs 9 oz! I remember calling our pastors to pray for Joshua in the N.I.C.U. when he was 3 lbs 2 oz and unable to digest anything. That prayer was answered by our almighty Father, and I'm sure this one will be too.

I read from 2 Corinthians 12 in the Message where Paul is talking about God's strength in our weakness, and three times the Lord told him, "My grace is enough, it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness." There is nothing more I can do to help little Joshua. How I wish that I could have this surgery for him so he wouldn't have to go through it! But, where I am weak and helpless, that's when God's strength takes over. And, He's got more power and authority to do a complete healing and miracle, so I'm glad He's in charge!

Please pray for Joshua tomorrow and through this upcoming week. Much love and blessings to you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for Joshua and trust that all goes well. Prayers for you Valerie and Shwan also that the Lord will give you peace during this trying time. Love Aunt Loretta