Saturday, November 25, 2006

Green Bean on Black Friday

After a long night with Joshua not sleeping, Shawn and I woke up later than ever on Black Friday and attempted the crowds while Grandma watched Joshua here. (Thank you, mom, for loving our son and being willing to watch him for us!) We left by 7:30 a.m. to try to get some bargains. It was so fun to get out together again! We came home and started to decorate, which we are still in the process of doing. Meanwhile, we tried to see how Joshua would like Jordon's swing. Now that he weighs more, he seemed to enjoy it. In this picture, you can kind of see that he is staring down the animals on top. We would try to adjust him so that he looked more comfortable, and he would immediately put his head back to see what those stuffed little guys were doing. It was absolutely adorable. We couldn't help getting out the camera. We then cozied up by our fireplace and ended the evening with a movie. It was wonderful to spend time together as a family relaxing.

This morning I got up early again (Shawn let me sleep while he and Joshua had some quality father-son time) and continued the holiday traditions by heading over to my sister's house to bake cookies. I helped my nieces do sugar cookie cut-outs, and we also made pecan
tasties, chocolate chip cookies (Shawn's favorite), and seven layer bars. We tried to decorate some more and clean a little when I got home, but Joshua has been a little fussy, so we've decided just to spend time with him. After all, he's most important. I don't know if he is struggling with gas or is just upset that his schedule was off, and unfortunately with babies, you can't ask them what's wrong. I love him so much - I just want him to be a happy Bean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! And your home looks so warm and welcoming. I love the fireplace picture--I can see Santa arriving down your chimney. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Love, Suz