Tuesday, September 11, 2007

SO BIG!

This pictures is of Joshua & my nieces (Emma, Faith pictured left and Grace next to Joshua on the right) & nephew Daniel. Jen took a bunch of pictures when she watched the Bean my first week of school, and everyone was smiling in the one picture except for Emma, who was trying to escape. So, I used photoshop from another picture where she was smiling and edited her in. I think it turned out fairly well.

This morning I took Joshua to get his one-year birthday pictures at JCPenney's Portrait Studio. I can't wait to share them - he did an AWESOME job! The gal taking the pictures had a large puppy that she used to make him smile, and he looked so cute in every shot it was hard to choose which ones to order. He is sooo adorable! From there we went to visit Grandma & Grandpa Jamie since we didn't get to see them over the weekend. We ate lunch with them and visited, which was nice. Mom asked Jamie what he would like to drink with lunch, and he looked at her stunned. Then he said he wasn't sure...then he decided that he'd finish Grace's icecream bar. Mom looked at him puzzled and said "to drink?" as if he hadn't heard her and he said, "Yeah, to drink." I'm not sure everything was computing quite right. She ended up getting him some water with his food - no icecream bar.

Afterward, I met Shawn at the jewlers to pick up my fixed and very clean ring. Hooray! Then Joshua & I picked up my friend Jen who needed a ride to work. I feel so blessed to have a car and be able to drive, and it's nice to be able to help others out, especially someone as sweet as Jen. The timing worked out well because I just got a notice to get bloodwork done for Joshua to see if he has any food allergies, and she works at the MRI Group at Kissel Hill, which is in the same building as the Kissel Hill office of the pediatrician and the same spot where LGH has a lab to do bloodwork. So, she showed us where to go and I had the unfortunate job of holding Joshua down while they drew his blood. He cried and cried until I was able to pick him up again. Poor Bean! Dr. Devenyi has also ordered the esophagus test in the meantime, which is going to take place on Tuesday, October 9. Please pray that Joshua outgrows this reflux and doesn't need anything else. In the meantime, he smiled at everyone and giggled and people told me how amazing his blue eyes are, etc. I think he is the cutest baby I've ever seen (of course, I'm biased, though). He loves to play "sooo big!" now and I love it. We ask him how big he is and he throws his arms in the air and smiles. It's so cute. We love our little precious Bean!

No comments: