Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Busy, Busy, Dreadfully Busy

This song "Busy, Busy" is one of our favorites from a Veggie Tales video that we have. It's the one that depicts the Good Samaritan and how you can be a friend to everyone. Anyway, I've been humming this song the past couple of days because it's been very fitting to our schedule. On Saturday after we saw Grandma & Grandpa Kennel, we took my diamond engagement ring to the jewelers to be fixed. When I fell down the stairs I bent a prong completely over, and we want to make sure that it's fixed and secure so the diamond itself doesn't fall out. It stinks not having my ring, mostly because it's extremely sentimental to me. I'm wearing my wedding band and the promise ring Shawn got me, but it's not the same as having everything together. I can't wait to get it back!

Sunday church went well and Joshua slept the entire way through the sermon, which was delivered by both Pastor Mark & Abby and was very good. After church, we got take out from Five Guys Burgers & Fries and took it over to Mom & Jamie's. Jamie's doing okay. He was really sick for a week or so and sleeping all the time, but now he seems to be eating okay and sitting up again, although I see his body & mind going more and more. Sunday night, we took a night of rest and are trying to keep that day for that purpose. It's hard when you have a million things to do, though, but I feel like that's what we're called to do.

Monday we went to a picnic at Mom's house for lunchtime and then Nonie & Poppy's for supper. In between the two, we took Joshua to the pet store in Berks County because they have tons of puppies for him to look at. He seemed to enjoy it but he was starting to get tired. He didn't get to nap other than in the car, and I accidentally forgot his afternoon bottle at Mom's house. He was so fussy the rest of the evening that I felt bad for him and the rest of the family. We left fairly early, and I was glad we did. I ended up getting a migraine on the way home and was sick all night long. Ugh! Joshua did better after we got home, though.

Tuesday I watched Faith & Emma for Jen so she could take Grace to her first day of school, which was also an Open House for parents. I offered to take Daniel, too, but Jen took him along with her to make it easier for me to play & have fun. Joshua loved having the girls here, and they seemed to have a good time, too. Faith told me how much she's going to miss Grace while she's at school, which made me a little teary. They've been inseparable, and now she's not going to have her big sister around for half a day. But, that will give her time to play with Emma & Daniel until she's old enough to start school.

Jen got here the same time as a guy from UGI to give us a quote on a new furnace, he left just in time for the contractor-guy to get her to finalize our work write up, and the contractor was still here doing lead paint testing when Joshua's physical therapist arrived. Yesterday was Joshua's 6-month evaluation, and he has made tremendous progress. We're going to move to physical therapy only once a month until Joshua starts walking confidently on his own, at which time we'll do a final review (unless that's longer than 6 months from now when we would do a review anyway). From there we qualify to continue tracking his progress through surveys that review all areas of development until we feel comfortable, which is something they offer all families who want it, up until age 3. The woman from Early Intervention remarked how social and talkative Joshua is and how she thinks he's made amazing progress since she saw him last. She thinks he'll do just fine, and I told her how much I appreciated their help and services. While the physical therapist was there, Joshua pointed to her and to the equipment the guy was using to test our house. It was the first time we saw him point at anything specifically. Yeah for the Bean!

Last night I had another meeting with my new client to review her catalog with the artist, and I didn't get home until almost 10 p.m. It was sad that Joshua was already in bed, but I was glad that Shawn was faithful to our commitment to getting him in bed by 9:30 every night. This morning I'm finishing last minute copy jobs, working on school stuff, and trying to spend time with Joshua. I also cleaned the bathroom, dusted the living room & dining room and made our bed, etc. I have more to do, but there just aren't enough hours in the day. I also started some laundry so we can pack tonight since we leave tomorrow for Georgia. Hooray for VACATION! :) Well, I should run. I'm leaving soon for school and I need to finish getting ready before Nonie arrives.

No comments: