Monday, July 8, 2013

Family Photos July 6, 2013

These pictures were our family photos that we had taken at the mall on Friday, July 5th. I specifically called to make our appointment this time and asked when our favorite photographer would be working. When I was told she had an evening appointment, I made it family shots instead of just Caleb's birthday pictures and asked Shawn to come to get updated family photos. I loved them and can't wait to get them back! I sort of put them in order of my favorites, with the top being one of the best ones we got. Enjoy the pictures along with the events from that week...

It had been awhile since we had a date night, so on Wednesday, July 3, I asked Miranda to come and watch the boys so we could go out since Shawn didn't have to work the following day. I was planning on grabbing a bottle of wine and heading to the Conestoga House & Gardens, which we haven't done yet this year. Unfortunately, the vineyard wasn't open during the week and it rained so we skipped the gardens. It was still nice to go out, though. We started with wings at the 915 cafe since we hadn't been there in over a decade. It was shadier than we even remembered it, so we enjoyed our wings appetizer and left. We ended up going over to Tobias S. Frog because the rain had stopped and they were wiping down tables to let folks enjoy the outdoors again. Shawn told me to get a drink and stop worrying about calories. So, I asked for recommendations and got something chocolate-y. I'm not sure if it was that I didn't know what to order or what, but the waitress asked for our IDs. She then took them to scan! I'm sure we look over 21, even though she appeared to be older than us. We laughed and assumed maybe she was looking for a bigger tip. It's been years since we've been carded! We had fun just people watching and talking without interruption. The boys also had fun playing.
On Thursday, July 4, we went to Panera Bread for breakfast as a family (talk about calories!). We all ate bagels with cream cheese and I got a chai. YUM! We ate outside at the picnic tables, and it was fun for something different. Our original idea was to eat at Oregon Dairy, but they no longer take reservations and the wait was too long for kids. Bummer, because I was hoping the boys could enjoy playing at their playground. Maybe another time, and maybe not...
Aunt Missy was at our house when we came back, dropping off a birthday gift for Caleb Luke (thanks so much!). The kids enjoyed seeing her and playing. After she left, Shawn & I tackled some yard work. One of the severe thunderstorms had attacked the trees in our backyard (maybe they were hit by lightning and then split or maybe it was the severe wind that broke them?!?!). Shawn cut off broken branches and I drug them to the minivan, where he had taken out the seats so I could fill it with yard debris. We took several loads to the dump that day. We now have a random hole or two where old trees couldn't be salvaged. It would be nice to get the whole thing removed and replaced with a fence. But, when we called an arborist and asked for a quote, he recommended keeping the barrier to the school up for sound, etc. He didn't give us a price but suggested we merely thin it out. Well, it's time and money we don't seem to have, but hopefully some day we'll clear even more of it out. It was a long day of hard work! Poor Shawn was covered in poison ivy until the end. I mowed the yard as he kept trimming. I ended the day by going for a run since I hadn't exercised yet. When we were done and showered, we took the boys to see fireworks, which I'll post about later.
Friday Shawn had to work. With my upcoming surgery, he didn't want to have to take off any more vacation days than necessary. So, he went into the office that day. I cleaned the house and had a meeting with one of my clients here at the house since I didn't have a good babysitter option. The boys were extremely well behaved - Ryan napped and I let the other boys have electronics in their room. After the meeting was over, we went to Old Navy to get Caleb a black shirt and then got ready for family pictures that night.
After family pictures were over, we ate at the food court. We got Burger King for the boys and Shawn & I split Chinese. My Chinese fortune said "There are no greater riches than a sound body." After we finished eating, I took Caleb up and down the escalators as a special treat - he LOVES that, and it's fun to do something simple and special to celebrate (after all, this was his birthday weekend, we kept reminding him). We ended the evening at the arcade with what little cash we had taken along.
Saturday morning we had Caleb's birthday party, which I will post about later.
Sunday we took the boys swimming at Universal, taking only the older two boys this time and letting Ryan play in the kidmazium. We also played some family board games that afternoon while Ryan napped. We ate dinner at Caleb's choice, which was Infinito's Pizza Buffet.
That was the end of the weekend leading up to Caleb's 5th birthday. We had created lots of fun family time and memories.

Enjoy the rest of the pictures...




No comments: