Thursday, November 12, 2009

Calvary Fall Fest

On Saturday, October 31, we took our kiddos to Calvary Church's Fall Fest. Calvary is where Joshua goes to preschool, and we were excited for this free fall event. I borrowed an orange vest from my mom (thanks so much!) to wear over a long-sleeved black t-shirt (and I couldn't believe I fit into something of my mom's!) and I felt like I looked particularly Halloween-esque - hopefully mask not included. :)  
We arrived right at 3 pm, and I'm glad we did! We had a blast and got out of there before the rain started. The first thing we saw were the animals, including bunnies, rabbits and calves. Then Joshua did a majority of the games in the 'pumpkin patch' for little kids. He LOVED the bowling and didn't do too well at the ski ball. He jumped in a pile of balls to find the 'odd' one, and Caleb joined him. They also looked through a bunch of hay for candy. He shot hoops, road a car down a little slide, balanced on a beam, and did lots of other fun activities. Win or lose, he got a prize for his bag. Poor Caleb wasn't quite big enough yet, but I think he'll enjoy it next year! After a little while of chasing Mr. Caleb Luke around, we decided to go on the tractor ride as a family. Joshua told Trevor the Tractor that he did a very good job. I think the boys enjoyed the ride, and so did the Mama-girl! And, I think when we're happy, Daddy is happy. 
Next we went and ate the free dinner, which consisted of hot dogs, apples, chips and a drink. Not the healthiest, but it was nice that they provided food for free. :) Afterward, Shawn roasted us some marshmallows on the fire pit with Joshua. I went and got the stroller for lil' Caleb for the times where he couldn't be exploring. And Joshua continued to play at the various stations, including a bean bag toss, a place where he walked on these things (see picture for explanation) and more! There were lots of things for older kids as well, but we passed on the items that were too advanced. There was also story time, which we missed. The kids favorite part, I think, was playing at the corn table (see the pictures above). We also bumped into our friends the Garners, my sister's friends the Martin's, and Mrs. Ford, Joshua's teacher before we left. When the rain started to come down, we got our cotton candy, kettle popcorn, and bag of treats from the various stations and headed toward the car. It was a fun family time!

No comments: