Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sparklers & Packing

On Sunday, July 1, the boys begged Daddy to do more sparklers. Since we had bought plenty for the night before, Shawn agreed. They were already in their PJs (since it gets dark so late these days - not that I'm complaining!).
First Shawn lit a few car things and multi-colored firework thingies (very mild - nothing like that one year!) first while I got a bucket of water ready. Then the kiddos started their sparklers.
A small spark startled Caleb so he was nervous to do more. But, Joshua kept going! It was fun!
On Monday, I spent the day cleaning and scrubbing the house and doing all the laundry. The house was spotless, and I felt good about leaving it and coming home to a clean house. As I was cleaning, I noticed a whole bunch of dirty hand prints going up the stair case. I tried to remember that some day I may miss these little hand prints!
Then I packed everything we needed for vacation. I swear it takes almost as much to pack for a couple days as three weeks. After all, you still need all the toiletries for getting ready and the things for "in case" with kiddos. So, we literally had two duffel bags (the kids with their names on it), two suitcases (one for Shawn & I to share and one for Ryan), the pack 'n play, our beach bag, our diaper bag, our swim/snack bag, our beach chairs and our sand toys. And Shawn & I took our pillows because we like them better than hotel pillows. Craziness!
We were excited for vacation! While I did all the packing, Shawn booked everything and got all the directions together, etc. We make a good team. :)

No comments: